Ever since the company was established on 15 December 1934, BITZER has been a pioneer in terms of innovative, high-quality refrigeration and air conditioning products and their applications. What started as a one-person operation over 85 years ago is now a global player in the industry. Today, the long-standing company from Sindelfingen, Germany, supplies high-end solutions and services for refrigeration, air conditioning, heat pump technology, process cooling and transport refrigeration at 72 sites. And as quality is timeless, we are on the lookout for the real work horses from the world of BITZER compressors. Who has the oldest BITZER reciprocating or screw compressor which is still in operation?
Take part and win
Take part and get a chance to win this package containing the following three components:
- A webinar on the topic of your choice – the BITZER expert will have time for nothing else but you and can answer your questions in detail. Only technicians and engineers with practical experience who are acutely aware of the challenges of modern refrigeration and air conditioning technology can be BITZER instructors.
- A wireless Jabra Evolve2 65 headset so you can hear our BITZER expert as clearly if you were actually sitting across from him during the webinar. Simply sit back, relax and listen to your favourite music on the headset as the content of the webinar sinks in. Alternatively, keep the pedal to the metal – the headset silences the background noise around you instantly.
- A BITZER office package so you can set the scene perfectly for your own special webinar and remember your BITZER prize for a long time to come.
Participation made easy
Simply send photos with the following three themes to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a picture of the compressor
- an image of the name plate on the compressor
- a photo of the compressor installed in the system
All we will need then is:
- details about the model of system
- information about the location of the system
- the name of the operator of the system
- your contact details
The success story began with reciprocating compressors
BITZER began making its mark on the industry in as early as the 1930s by manufacturing thermostatic expansion valves out of steel. The company achieved its first international success with reciprocating compressors with a direct current voltage design which would also demonstrate its capacity in Buenos Aires in Argentina in the very same decade. In the 1940s, BITZER began paving the way for its current success as a compressor manufacturer with its open 2-cylinder reciprocating compressors and set additional milestones in the 1950s with hermetic and semi-hermetic compressors.
Innovative design: the first BITZER screw compressors
In the early 1980s, BITZER took the industry by surprise by becoming the first manufacturer to market open and semi-hermetic screw compressors for commercial refrigeration and air conditioning applications which were being manufactured in serial production. As BITZER had gone in entirely new directions in terms of the technical design, it earned its undisputed status as a pioneer, especially with regard to semi-hermetic suction gas cooled screw compressors. At the same time, BITZER was the first manufacturer to provide a system solution as well as components for parallel operation with a common oil separator.
Terms and conditions of participation
The closing date is 15 March 2021. Participation in the competition is free of charge and must be submitted exclusively via email@example.com. Persons under the age of 18 as well as legal representatives, shareholders, employees, vicarious agents and bodies of BITZER SE, including their affiliated companies in the sense of Section 15 et seq. of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), and family members of these employees are not entitled to participate. BITZER shall pick one winner in each of the two reciprocating and screw compressor categories and notify the winners by e-mail. If an informed winner fails to respond within 14 days, BITZER reserves the right to select a new winner. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the statutory regulations and only for the purposes of the competition. BITZER reserves the right to prematurely terminate or cancel the competition. The judges’ decision is final. There are no cash alternatives to the prize.